Re: upgrade issue - can't log in

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 3:20 AM, david <..hidden..> wrote:
> Jigme Datse Rasku wrote:
>> Looks like your Perl is missing Math::BigInt and MIME::Lite possibly
>> some other modules as well.  Build.PL should tell you what is missing.
>>

> After some tweaking and installing lots of random perl modules using
> apt-get, I can now log in, but get this apache log error, repeated with
> every instance of the login page:
>
> Name "Config::Std::Hash::DEMOLISH" used only once: possible typo at
> /usr/share/perl5/Class/Std.pm line 523.
>
> What does this mean?

This looks like garbage cleanup.  Though it looks like it's
complaining about Config::Std being an issue, not any of the code that
is from LedgerSMB.  Someone who's worked a lot more with the code
could probably help more than I can.  I just got my system up and
running on LinuxMint (Ubuntu based distribution), and have been away
from the lists for a while.  The question I really have is if this is
an error or a warning.  If a warning, can it be safely ignored.

> I'm flying blind, but followed your advice and "ran" Build.PL, with
> output that looks like this:
>

> ..hidden..:/usr/local/ledgersmb # perl Build.PL
> No 'module_name' was provided and it could not be inferred
> from other properties.  This will prevent a packlist from
> being written for this file.  Please set either 'module_name'
> or 'dist_version_from' in Build.PL.
> Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results
> ERROR: Missing required field 'dist_author' for metafile
> ERROR: Missing required field 'dist_abstract' for metafile
> Unknown license string 'GPL' at /usr/share/perl5/Module/Build/Base.pm
> line 4302.
> Creating new 'Build' script for 'LedgerSMB' version '1.2.16'
>
> I have no idea what any of that means. What is 'dist_version_from' or
> 'module_name' and what would I do with either, and does it matter?

This looks like possibly one of two things is happening:

1) your version of Perl is incompatible with this version of LedgerSMB or
2) your copy of LedgerSMB has somehow become corrupted

Those are my two stabs at what the issue might be.  I know that I did
all the module installs through:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell

That ended up creating a fresh version of Perl and it works except I
am getting warnings that are displayed, which is annoying.  I haven't
tried to do much with it, just log in and see if that basic
functionality was working or not.  Seems to be.  Tomorrow I'll start
putting data into the database and see if that does anything.

> This is a VirtualBox test machine, but soon I'm going to have to do the
> real thing with a live server, so it's pretty important I get it right.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I hope that helps a little.  I think you might need input from someone
more familiar with things.

Jigme Datse Rasku