Re: Stock Take Adjustments?

Hi Marco,

You can set up a new customer to which you "sell" the missing stock (In
our case the customer is called the same as our business, but you might
just want to call it "Spoilage" or "Stock loss" or something more
specific).

At stock take you then invoice this customer for all the stock which is
missing with a 100% discount, so no money goes anywhere, but the
inventory levels change and you have an audit trail.

This question has been asked and answered before, but I could not
immediately locate it in the list archives. Perhaps it is time this was
added to the FAQ list on the www.ledgersmb.org site?

Pete

PS. BTW, I see that the site comments have been spammed again. :(