Re: Restoring from a backup

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 11:21 -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM, lrspares45 <..hidden..> wrote:
>

> > Hi Rob,
> > I used the GUI to save and command line to restore.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Richard
> >
> We just wrap pg_dump.  I doubt the issue is with the dump, but, let's
> look at a couple things:
>
> 1)  What are the relative versions of PostgreSQL on both servers?
> 2)  What was the exact command used to restore the backup.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Hi Chris,
sorry for the delay in getting back, weekend etc...

The Postgres versions are backuped from 8.3, restored to 8.4

To restore I used

pg_restore -d dbasename filename.sqlc

dbasename is not the same a the dbase it was backed up from, but
Posrgres seem to say this is ok. dbasename dbase was created as per the
install instructions in LSMB 1.1.18, which both systems are running.

Cheers
Richard