From: "Bob Miller" <..hidden..>
To: ..hidden..
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 2:06:04 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] non-billable time disappeared

Hi Paul,
it would still involve adjusting the line item when generating an
invoice, but could you not give a 100% discount on that item?  That
would show the item on the invoice as $0, and if your client reads his
invoice carefully he will see that the item was free...
Not sure if that applies to your situation or not, just an idea.

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 13:54 -0600, Paul Wrightson wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have certain situations where I want to give project time away for free, but I want it represented on the Sales Order and Invoice. For example, I make a quick call to the client with a project status - so I create a Time Card with a physical time of 5 minutes and I say that 5 minutes is Non-chargeable.
>
> However, the Time Card does not appear in the list of open Time Cards. It does, however, show in the list of closed Time Cards.
>
> What I want is some way to get the five free minutes on the Sales Order without having to manipulate the line item after the SO has been generated. I just want the Invoice, and therefore the customer, to know that they got a freebie.
>
> I am working with 1.2.10 (I know its old) but I did not see anything in the changelog that TimeCards had been updated.
>
> Thanks
> Paul W

Bob Miller
334-7117/633-3760