Reliable deployment and operation Re: Installing LSMB 1.3: Spreadsheet::ParseExcel Failed!

Hi Chris,

I'm not an experienced Perl programmer, but IMHO this issue raises questions
about the stability of the application.

If on the one hand the application depends on a bunch of Perl modules, and
on the other hand these modules are constantly evolving, how can a reliable
deployement and a reliable operation of the application be assured?

Is it possible to enforce a strict version policy of all required modules
at installation time?

If not, should the application be distributed with all the required modules
included (e.g. in a separate package)?

Marjan Waldorp,
tux4u.nl