Re: booking taxes when invoice is paid

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM, fred blauer <..hidden..> wrote:
> It depends on when the goods were delivered or the services provided. We
> need to know the nature of the transactions, if you want to look at the
> proper accounting treatment.

I am assuming this is a local tax law issue.  There are screwy local
tax rules out there.  For example, in some (Canadian) jurisdictions,
whether some items are taxable depends on what else you buy....  In
some European jurisdictions, invoices must be tracked per
government-issued form they are printed on....

I have stopped expecting tax law to be logical or sane.

The main thing is we need to know exactly what the requirements are
before providing some suggestions about how to make it work....