[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Installing 1.3
- Subject: Re: Installing 1.3
- From: Armaghan Saqib <..hidden..>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 06:33:27 +0500
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> I am actually restructuring the installation documentation for beta 4
> and your feedback is helpful.
> The main changes are:
> 1) Rewriting the manual db installation instructions and breaking it
> off into a separate document so that automated installation processes
> are more prominent and the documentation less confusing.
> 2) Restructuring the documents so that, where several options are
> present, the preferred options are listed first.
> Does anyone have anything to add at this point?
Two minor improvements might be:
1. Do not prefix script names with '/path/to/ledgersmb13/' once we are
inside this folder with last cd.
2. Change sql/modules/LOADORDER to a script.
I would recommend to first make manual installation working and fool
proof before spending time on automated installation script
- Sql-Ledger hosting, docs and development