Re: Handling Employee Expenses

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
I am trying to figure out the best way to book the following
expense scenario...

Company A needs a piece of inventory.

An employee buys that inventory personally from company B.

Customer pays company A.

I want company B to be a vendor of company A, because in future
transactions, it is likely that purchases will be direct.

So I can create a vendor entry for company B.

However, how do I move money around within accounts, to pay the employee
instead of the vendor itself?
Or some how indicate that company A is paying company b via the employee?

How many employees?

If you only have a couple you could just create a liability account for each one.

If you have a lot, obviously that won't work but there are a couple options here.  The "best" solution would be custom development at that point but there might be a number of "good enough" solutions.