From: Bob Miller [mailto:..hidden..
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 11:12 AM
To: ..hidden..
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Hardware support architecture for remote
Clients

> How the printer jobs is sent to printer (if it is not HTML
> print)?

In one case, I have installed cups on the server, and there is an lpr
command in my ledgersmb.conf:

printer    = lpr -PHPLJet

I believe you need to have at least one printer called 'printer' in the
ledgersmb.conf

In another case, the invoice is emailed as a pdf, and the ones that need
to be printed are printed from the email client on whichever local
machine.

> How the card / bar code readers send their requests/posts
> to the server?

I don't have barcode readers, so I can't answer this.

> Are there some software with them?
> etc.?

Bob Miller
334-7117/633-3760
http://computerisms.ca
..hidden..
Network, Internet, Server,
and Open Source Solutions

------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and
focus on