Re: Upgrade PostgreSQL from 8.0 to 8.1

I don't actually know the answer to that question, but I would dump the database before doing any upgrade on PostgreSQL. So easy to fix with a dump file. So hard without one!

In general, any software version change from say 8.0.15 to 8.0.17 is a very minor change. but 8.0.15 to 8.1.11 COULD be a significant change, so being paranoid, without further research is safer.

Chris Bennett

Stroller wrote:
I've just checked my system for updates & the package manager (Gentoo portage) is proposing to upgrade PostgreSQL from 8.0.15 (which is what I'm using for Ledger-SMB at present) to 8.1.11.

Is there anything unusual between these versions I might need to look out for?

Or am I just being paranoid & only major versions (7 to 8) are worth worrying about?