Re: Clearing up a cash->receipt error

Chris Travers wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:
While blundering my way through getting last years invoices into LSMB I
made an entry via cash->receipt for an invoice I'd entered.

Now I have this minus "Amount Due" for the customer and not sure how to
clear it up, i.e. get rid of the credit.  Should I enter the amount as a
plus or minus?

So you have this negative amount because of an accidental payment?
Probably the best thing I can suggest is to add a payment for the
negative amount with a source of 'reversing erroneous payment'

If your books are closed for the payment date, do it at your first
unclosed date.  If your books are still open, post it as that payment
date.

Once again thanks Chris.

I was still confused (go figure eh?) and since it there were only two entries I ended up using pgAdminIII and psql to delete them.

\\||/
Rod