Re: Importing invoices

Jeff Kowalczyk's suggestion about diff'ing pgdump output has proven
useful to understanding enough of LedgerSMB to make possible as much of
LedgerSMB::API exists so far.  I'm working on posting sales invoices
and payments next, but several methods are already working.

Instead of reproducing the database interactions of the application,
our approach has been to document how to call LedgerSMB's methods
directly and programatically and without charging the gates with
WWW::Mechanize interactions from the browser interface.  This lets
LedgerSMB worry about data integrity so the user can focus solely on
posting transactions.

The intention is to form a basis for a LedgerSMB::API::ZenCart and for
other modules to help directly integrate these applications.  Your help
would be appreciated.  And I think you'd find it an easier path.

You may get your copy using your cpan> prompt, or download it from the
sourceforge or CPAN websites at these links:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ledgersmb-oscom/
http://search.cpan.org/~hesco/LedgerSMB-API-0.04a/

And an announcement about the Caveat Emptor release, at:
http://www.campaignfoundations.com/node/132

-- Hugh Esco