Cannot add user to company in admin.pl

OS: Centos 5.2 with all current updates
Ledgersmb version: 1.2.17 installed from rpm

I am trying to add my initial user to ledgersmb for my company, however when I try to add a user I get no response, just a blank page and no user created.

Details to reproduce:

  1. Install Ledgersmb onto Centos 5.2 i386 via rpm
  2. Configure properly
  3. Log into admin.pl
  4. Create a company database
  5. Click "Add User"
  6. Fill in the "Login, Password, Name, and E-mail" fields respectively
  7. Fill in the "Database" section with your ledgersmb database
     information (at least I think that is what needs to go here).  In
     my case Host: localhost; Dataset: ajs; Port 5432; Username
     ledgersmb; Password: {psql user ledgersmb password}
  8. I get a blank page, when I log back into admin.pl no users are showing

Any advice on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Aaron