Re: VAT Rate Change

Ed W wrote:
beamends wrote:

Hi All,
we recently had a change in VAT (GST) in the UK. Our idiot government
only gave us 1 week to alter everything, but with all the other stuff to
be done I've finished up with invoices/receipts to be process from
before the change.

Is there anyway of changing the VAT rate temporarily for the current
document without changing the system set-up? Also, if I do change the
VAT rate back temporarily, are there likely to be any knock-on effects?

Not sure about L-SMB, but SL has an end date that a tax rate applies
to.  So simply set the end date to be 30/11/2008 and then set the new
rate to 15%.  I already did this and it seems to work fine (much easier
than setting all your products to have  a new VAT item...)

Note that I previously had my reports hard wired to print 17.5%.  This
obviously went wrong...  I found though that with a bit of tweaking you
can make the tex reports drag out the correct vat rate and print it per
line.  I can mail in my template if it is needed?

Oops, didn't scroll down to see all those other replies...

Ed W