Re: 20th of the Month

Is this typically a matter of recurring bills and utilities?  Or a
matter of product orders as well?

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I couldn't help myself :-)

Here in New Zealand it is common to have payment due on the 20th of the month following the date of the invoice.  This is for any sort of invoice (payable or receivable).  We put 14 day payment terms on our invoices, but the practice is so ingrained here that most customers just ignore this and pay on the 20th of the month following anyway.

I assume it comes from some weird historical thing pre-computerised accounting systems.

It would be convenient for us to be able to specify a day of the month following for the due date for invoices.

Cheers
Rob