Suitable for artisan?

Hi, I'm looking at properly organising the accounting of my girlfriend's business and was wondering if LedgerSMB can help...

She's a jeweller and does not sell directly to customers, but loans her items to galleries who then display them for sale (with their markup). Every month or so each gallery sends her a list of items sold that month and requests an invoice. Her accounting kit needs to have some sort of inventory management (can warehousing cover this?) where a partner location is assigned stock and then the items in their stock list can be turned into sales invoices if required, or transferred back to the main 'warehouse' (when items aren't sold by galleries, they are returned). In this regard, she does not directly make sales to customers.

I remember reading some months ago that LedgerSMB is proposing an inventory management feature. Is this still on the cards? Can LedgerSMB handle this particular requirement without kludges and hacks? I know an ERP like TinyERP or OpenBravo can cover this scenario, but she's a one-person show and ERP is simply overkill. I like the size and scope of LedgerSMB as a good solution for her, I just can't see how (from reading the manual) I can set it up to cover the gallery scenario.

Thanks for any advice on offer,
Simon.