Re: Messing with the DB

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Peter McKenna <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi All,
> After I upgraded to 1.2.9 AP Transaction invoice numbers started to always
> come up as 1. This appears to have been fixed in 1.2.16. I cleaned up the
> old transactions by manually editing the transaction invnumber in the ap
> table so they sequentially increase with date and updated the default AP
> Transaction number in System Defaults. This appears to work fine. It appears
> that invnumber is just a number and is not relied apon elsewhere. Is that
> correct or can I expect problems with what I've done?
> Also the Tax Paid report still did not show Amounts for the transactions
> that where showing a 1 for the invoice number but simply turning off
> auditing and re-posting these transactions fixed that.
> Is anyone able to explain why this is? where in the DB is the Tax Paid
> report getting the Amount column data from?

invoice number is an internal tracking code.  It is not relied upon
elsewhere.  Note that you could easily get 2 invoices from different
vendors with the same invoice number assigned.  I am not aware of any
older bug that was fixed in this area so my thinking is that the cause
may have been something else.  Maybe the appropriate field was missing
in the defaults table?