Re: bug? Vendor Invoice update

Thanks for your very detailed response.

Chris Travers wrote:
Just to clarify this bug will only occur under two very specific conditions:

1)  A pre-upgrade (to lsmb 1.2.x) invoice is reposted once or
2)  A post-upgrade invoice is reposted twice.

<snip>

Long-term, I see two aspects to preventing any other issues which may
have similar causes:
1)  We need to get rid of the necessity to repost invoices.  We should
have a reverse-and-post-new function which allows for proper reversal
(voiding) of invoices and posting of new ones without any additional
work.  There is a little work to be done here in defining
requirements.  We also need to move the invoice notes to the new
framework which will allow notes to be added without reposting.

both ideas would be fantastic improvements... thank you. I can think of many situations where I would want to add notes or memos after posting, but which don't effect the integrity of the audit trail.

Having a single click reverse-and-post makes perfect sense. I am now doing that in a two stage process that is prone to manual error.

regards,

David.