Re: Help us Improve: What services are missing?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> LedgerSMB has been around for a little over two years now, and I think
> it is always a good idea to take a look around and engage in a general
> discussion of what needed services are missing.  Such periodic
> discussions ought to help:
>
> 1)  Provide ideas for people currently in the market to expand to help the users
> 2)  Provide ideas for people who are trying to get into the market to
> find a niche
> 3)  Help ensure that everyone finds the services that they need.
>
> I think we should make a habit of bringing up this question from time to time.
>
> So the main questions are:
>
> 1)  For people not offering services in this area, what services do
> you need that you don't see offered?
> 2)  For people offering services in this area, what upstream services
> could be provided that you would find beneficial?
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

In the area of service/support/whatever, I know I sometimes have a
need to tie other automated services into accounting.  So someplace
where folks who've managed to, lets say, marry Asterisk's CDR database
to LedgerSMB could share how they did that -- or merged external
billing from a web source, etc.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
 - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto