VAT problems

Hi all

Even with 1.2.15 I am still having some niggling VAT issues. They are
causing us some pain because we have to be more careful than perhaps
we should be with the VAT field on Accounts Payable transactions.

For example, in an AP Transaction with the "Tax Included" box checked,
if I add a VAT amount it will ADD it to the total in the display!
Example:
(Tax Included check box marked)

24.47   7512-Expenses
3.64    2200-VAT 17.5% (VAT check box marked)

28.11 <-- incorrect

However when I hit POST and do a report to get the transaction, it has
the correct amount of 24.47 posted and when I view the transaction the
total underneath the tax box is now 28.11 - all the check boxes are
marked as when I was entering the transaction.

Now when I uncheck that VAT box and hit Update - the total remains
24.47. But when I check it again (as it was when I opened the
transaction) and hit update - 28.11 appears again!

Must be some kind of display bug as it does not carry through to
posting? The impact is that we have to recheck our invoices as we post
them - or trust that the bug only exists in the display..

Also, back in SQL-Ledger this check box next to the tax amount made
the system calculate the VAT automatically. It doesn't do that for me
now - does anyone know what this check box is for?

Regards
Phil