postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable

Hi
I have just tried to install ledgersmb_1.2.15-1_all.deb on a Sidux laptop and
was met with this information. I currently have postgresql-client-8.3 and
postgresql 8.3 installed.

  ledgersmb: Depends: postgresql-client-8.1 but it is not installable or
                      postgresql-client-8.2 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a
solution).

I am a little concerned about using apt-get -f install. Is there another
solution to this?
Thanks
Geordie