Re: Insall issues - missing tetex/latex

On 27 Aug 2008, at 18:48, ..hidden.. wrote:
I am trying to install ledgersmb-1.2.15-1.noarch.rpm onto my Opensuse 11.0 system. As with prior version I am unable to get past error message "tetex-latex is required".

I originally had long list of dependencies but solved all but this one.

I have installed texlive , texlive-bin and texlive-latex but to no avail.

Hi there,

I don't use RPM-based distros myself - I assume there may be differences between the implementations of them used by Fedora / Red- hat / Centos / whatever & OpenSuse. Perhaps only in the naming of the packages depended upon.

You say in your other message "Yast2 will not allow me to ignire this dependency" - is it possible to install using the command-line and pass `rpm` (or whatever) the --no-deps (or whatever) flag?

I suspect that having installed texlive / texlive-latex you have indeed fulfilled the real dependencies of LedgerSMB. Assuming none are already filed you might wish to report a bug against the RPM, citing its compatibility against Suse, although I have no idea how that'll be received. Basically, if you can print postscript / PDF reports & invoices (or email them to yourself) then your install of LaTeX is good.

IMO your best way forward will be to install "from source" using ledgersmb-1.2.15.tar.gz [1] - this is the most-supported & best- documented method and really is not hard. It should install in a /usr/ local/, separate from everything installed by Suse & Yast.

Stroller.

[1] http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ledger-smb/ ledgersmb-1.2.15.tar.gz I think.