Re: New Feature - export addresses for mail merge

On 9 Jul 2008, at 16:32, Joseph wrote:

It would be nice if it was possible to export addresses from ledger for mail merge.

Example if pull all customers who bought certain item and/or X-mas mailing. If one want to do a mail merge from OpenOffice it would be nice if we could export addresses to cvs file (a comma delimited text file) for import to spreadsheet.

On my systems I simply run a report (eg: AR > Customers > Reports > Search), select-all in the browser window and paste into my spreadsheet. The different columns are recognised during the process and pasted into appropriate fields of the spreadsheet, which can then be saved as a .cvs file.

I'm using Safari (a Webkit SVN preview version) and MS Excel on a Mac.

Stroller.