postgres help.

Hi,

I'm having troubles setting my postgres server.

I'm trying to run ledger on a Centos 5 (aka rhel 5) system, with
postgres 8.1.11.

I can connect to the ledger db as users ledgersmb, postgres, root
and apache. Everyone but ledgersmb is a superuser:

As root I can connect to ledgersmb db as user root, but not as user
ledgersmb. ie:
psql -d ledgersmb -> works
psql -U ledgersmb -d ledgersmb -W -> does not work.

This is from pg_dumpall:

CREATE ROLE apache;
ALTER ROLE apache WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN;
CREATE ROLE ledgersmb;
ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE CREATEDB
LOGIN PASSWORD 'md5ab61fc5b6b7ef0f56920f335e02265b1';
CREATE ROLE postgres;
ALTER ROLE postgres WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEROLE CREATEDB LOGIN;
CREATE ROLE root;
ALTER ROLE root WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEROLE CREATEDB LOGIN;

My pg_hba.conf files follows:
I added the md5/pam lines in an effort

local   all         all                               ident sameuser
local   all         all                               md5
local   all         all                               pam
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          ident sameuser
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          pam
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser

tia.

- --
Milton Calnek BSc, A/Slt(Ret.)
..hidden..