Re: Fwd: Article on Accounting

beamends wrote:
Not over here - until this year I did everything myself, so I am well
aware of what has to be done. Happily our turnover is looking to double
this year, but that means less and less time to spend on accounts. The
only problem with my old system, which works just they way I'm trying to
describe, is that it is not networkable, single user and getting very
slow (it has a flat-file dbase). I did post a reply about how it works,
but it was over-size (a couple of screen shots were needed for
explanation), but it's not be allowed through.

I am in the same position as you are and this is why I was hoping that we could find 6-20 similar people who would be willing to tip in Â1-2,000 into the development pot and we can hire a couple of the developers to work *full time* on customising LSMB for UK workflow (I think if we could raise Â20K we would be able to pay for more than enough development time to solve all the major needs?)

This is only what I'm going to pay my accountant. I'm only a 1.5 person company - I'm not some megacorp - however, I really think it's money well spent, but I can't afford to pay for all the customisation on my own. I estimate that it probably saves me Â5K a year if I could get a better "business accounting and workflow package" than I have at present (SL), so I figure it's not unreasonable to put some of that saving into paying to have such a package built.

I just realised that I posted my suggestion to the dev list - here it is again - I hope that many reading along will give it an appropriate amount of thought:

Ed W wrote:
Just an off the wall question but right now I have outgrown SL and I haven't found a suitable system to replace it with - LSMB is about the closest, but it's slightly in flux status doesn't work for me (sadly). I was excited about TinyERP, but it seems waaay too complicated for simple accounting/order tracking/dispatch needs. Any other suggestions appreciated...

I am interested in renting some time from someone like Chris (or similar) to advance progress of the next branch and get it "stable". Would anyone else like to chip in? I would be happy to chip in 1-2,000 EU as a starting point - perhaps a couple of other business could put in the same or more (I'm only a one man company - come on folks!) and we could rent a month or two of full time labour to get some serious progress done on this?

I'm holding back a bit of my budget because I also want some customisations done (for example credit card payment integration). Anyone who wants to quote for this stuff also welcome to apply...

Serious interest please copy to me (if you want) and the list

Cheers

Ed W