Re: Incorrect credit records in ap table (v1.2.12 with some individual ar/ap updates)

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Gerald Chudyk <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 5/29/08, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Gerald Chudyk <..hidden..> wrote:
>>  > Hi all,
>>  >
>>  > While researching issues in the ar/ap reports, I have discovered
>>  > records in the ap table which appear to be incorrect. One example:
>>  >
>>  > ap.amount = -4919.89
>>  > ap.netamount = 5198.36 (should be -4641.42)
>>  > The AP transaction report gets real excited about this and reports
>>  > tax= (2 * netamount) + (netamount - amount).
>>

>> Did you run an early version of our fix for NULL netamounts from SVN?
>>
> Guilty as charged.
>
>>  If so, check with me on IRC about how to correct a bug to an earlier bugfix.
>>
> ok, thanks. But I really thought I was fixing ar/ap report problems.
> Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Long-story short, there was a bug in that early version of the fix
(one reason why 1.2.14 hasnt been released yet) which caused this
problem where the amount was negative.

To correct, get the most recent version of the fix from
branches/1.2/sql/fixes/ar_ap_summary_fix_1.2.14.sql and then:

UPDATE ap SET netamount = NULL where amount < 0 AND netamount > 0;

\i ar_ap_summary_fix_1.2.14.sql

There is still a corner case where amount is 0, and you may need to
discuss those with me on IRC.