Re: Problem w/POS after SQL-Ledger to Ledgersmb migration

> Ok.  When you run top on the server during this process, what takes up most of the time.
>
> I would bet it is postgres, right?
>
> 1)  Do you use departments or projects?
> 2)  Do you vacuum frequently?
>
>Best WIshes,
>Chris Travers

> When I run top -i on both servers, I see ps.pl process popup briefly on my Ledgersmb server, and I believe it was postmaster briefly on my Postgresql server.
> Then nothing for minutes until finally a process for Apache prefork and also a process for Ledgersmb again very briefly.  It doesn't appear that much in the way
> of resources are getting utilized while I wait.  It is almost like everything goes to sleep for several minutes.  Regarding departments/projects, we use
> departments, but not projects.  We also have autovacuum setup.

> Just a follow-up.  I noticed that when I re-enable dropdowns for the POS screen, opening the POS/Sale screen loads fairly quickly and the customer dropdown is populated quickly also.  If I select another customer, and then
> click the Update button it takes about three minutes or longer to reload.  I am no expert, but it seems to me the problem is around the update functionality.  Reviewing the pos.pl code, I noticed two subs called "on_update".
> Like I said, I am no expert especially when it comes to Perl, but that seemed odd to me.  In addition, monitoring both the apache, and postgresql logs I don't see anything of interest.

Don't know if this means anything, but I still have SQL-Ledger on the same system that Ledgersmb resides.  I also have a test dataset that contains a recent backup of our data.  I did not migrate that test dataset during my SQL-Ledger - Ledgersmb migration, therefore, I can still logon to that system using that test dataset.  I opened two browsers, one for each system.  Opened the POS screen, and clicked one of the parts group buttons (same button for each system) one after the other for each system.  SQL-Ledger loaded the results in about 2-3 seconds.  LedgerSMB took about three minutes.  They are also both connecting to the same PostgreSQL server.

Best Regards,
Steven Marshall

Taty Lee Boutique
11705 Jones Bridge Rd., B206
Alpharetta, GA 30005
770-410-6964

"Once you experience the stylish comfort of Brazilian-cut jeans, you will demand nothing less!"