Re: Really dumb question.....

Bearing in mind that IANAA (I am not an accountant),I'd do it this way:-

1) Create two GL entries (in the one GL screen), one for the base amount and one for the tax amount.

The fuel amount would be an expense and expenses go in the Debit column.

I guess VAT must refunded as you want a separate entry (I don't know about VAT) then it's
probably an asset ? and needs to go in the Debit column for that asset account ?

Cheers
Terry

On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:36:07 +0100
beamends <..hidden..> wrote:

> I'm trying to enter a payment for diesel. I just have a receipt, and
> paid cash. I'd assumed that this would be a General Ledger entry using
> the 7300 Motor Expenses account, but I can't see how to register the VAT
> amount. I've probably totally missed the point, just for a change....
>
> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Richard

Best Regards
Terry Porter
Freenet-Antennas Distributor Nsw, Vic and Tas
http://www.freenet-antennas.com/

Phone (Landline): 02 66 282 697
Phone (VOIP): *LOCAL UNTIMED CALL CHARGE * type 200519 at prompt after dialing a number below:-
Sydney: 8524 7580
Brisbane: 30182853
Gold Coast: 5630 2552
Melbourne 03 9896 1850