Is this a bug, or am I an idiot?

Hello

I used a purchase order to create a 4 item vendor invoice.

I then added a 5th item: the vendor's shipping.

All good so far--totals right, and all that.

I next entered an a href HTML link to a PDF invoice, and the text of that
same invoice, into the internal notes field.  Only instead of putting it
in the internal notes textarea, I put it instead in the (undocumented)
import text textarea.

I updated the invoice, and found that I now had 43 line items on this
invoice, containing various parts of my text invoice version, and various
"NaN" and "Nan.00" values in numeric slots.  In addition, my total was now
$0.00.

So my questions:

1.  What is *supposed* to be done with "import text"?

2.  Is ledgersmb reacting correctly to a bunch of text being entered in
the "import text" field?

3.  In summary: should a failsafe error handling routine be at work here,
or is all of this intended, and inattentive users be damned?:)

Thanks

--
Luke

"If Ben starts running those printing presses faster than he's already
doing, we're going to have a serious recession. The dollar's going to
collapse... there's going to be problems." - Jim Rogers, Telegraph
9/12/07