tex, spanish and pdf reports

Sorry to bother you

I'm trying to translate some tex reports into Spanish
but I have problems with the written accent (áéíóúñ).
I managed to make appear the accent letters that are
in the report, but no way with those accent letters
that are in the database, and when the pdf generates,
other letters appear instead. I tried modifying the
encoding when creating the database in postgresql, I
tried UTF8, ISO_8859_1 and don't know what else I have
to try.
I already used:
\usepackage[spanish]{babel}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}