Re: Role of CRM and LSMB, was Re: RoadMap Question

2008. 01. 27, vasÃrnap keltezÃssel 20.20-kor Chris Travers ezt Ãrta:
> At the moment, we only do the first three.  The rest is a lot of work and I would hope that we would see people in the community deciding to take a leadership role in
>
> Also, I think it is reasonable to ship a package which includes more than one module.  I.e. "out of the box, we do all of the following" but allow many of the  modules to be skipped over in the installation.
>
> * Note that the scheduling role is a little different than a groupware system.  The goal is to schedule contacts with customers to follow up on things, not to schedule company resources.  However, the ability to interoperate with groupware systems is something that we should probably work towards.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

There are at least two real examples of this kind of integration:
CK-ERP, which is a fork of SL and integrated into several groupware
systems. More or less.
I guess, their marketing and UI is not the best.
I tried it two times before, but I am not really convinced.

BlueERP, which is written with the eGroupWare framework. They copies the
SL functions. The UI development is really rapid, ajax based etc.
Its functionality is not complete, but they are working on it really
pretty well (if this term is usable in English :).

Please, if I am wrong, correct me in the next part.
So, AFAIK LS has cli. In other words, the user interface is collecting
all the required parameters and send them to the right perl script.

If it is true, theoretically it is possible to write an other kind of
front-end, for example:
-  eGroupWare
- tiny20 (which is a redesign of eGroupWare with CRM fucntionality etc.)
- tinyERP
- native frontend (for example using fltk widgets - multiplatform :)
- whatever

Probably this kind of "modularized" structure should be a good basis to
create more "applications" around LS.
For example:
- product catalog (with lot of properties etc.) Like a product catalog.
- storing and retrieving test certificates (for manufacturing or if a
product has to have certificates etc.)
- better interface for POS, inventory (full screen, shortcuts and
bar-code-readers)
- even using a mobile phone with camera + bluetooth to take in goods in
site, far from the network or when the worker prepare a bigger stock for
shipping etc.
- hide the flexibility of the system by enforcing users to use custom
invoice numbers etc. (here the computer generated invoice must be auto
numbered, without gaps etc.)
- whatever
- Imagine that, somebody start a 3D application, where he can see a
"world map" about USA with 5 blinking red crosses (main sites wth
stocks). He points the mouse to one of them, the app will zoom into that
place, for example LA. In LA there are 3 more smaller red crosses, which
shows three stocks. Choose one, he get a map about that site with
buildings, stock places etc.
He can move the mouse cursor over one building, a short list appears in
the top left, where he can read, what is inside that building.
He can drag a container and he can pull it into an other site or even
customer. All the required actions done automatically:
- the worker get an instruction, prepare the container, the invoice will
be sent to approval, the truck driver will get a transport document,
under the reorder point the order will be created etc.
Similar to the Minority Report :)

At this moment it is only a dream, a play with different theories.
If LS could handle all the basic functions (correct inventory, financial
tracking etc.).

Cheers, IstvÃn

--
BSA. Mert megÃrdemlitek.