Re: EDIFACT for LedgerSMB

On Jan 11, 2008 4:05 PM, David Sentinella <..hidden..> wrote:
Everyone -
Is there any interest in EDIFACT for LedgerSMB? There is an article
/dicussion paper at
http://www.schlegel.li/ebXML/linmagau_article/linmagau.ps . I also notice
that there some limited discussion on this topic among the S-L users.
There is also http://openebxml.sourceforge.net/ which seems to have gone
quiet now.
My apologies for not being an active paticipant over last months -
pressure of other projects.

I am interested in what others feel about finding a truly effective B2B
and B2C solution. I am also interested in assisting if there is a group
of similarly motivated people.

Yes, there is interest.  The quite spell has been due to the perception that it is somewhat difficult to do at the moment.  I think the most important thing that can be done is to open up discussions of technical requirements on the -devel list.

(Also any user-exposed interfaces should be discussed on this list, though I suspect that EDI is probably less of an issue here.)

One area you should be aware of is that EDI may work well with the batch and separation-of-duties interfaces we are working on for 1.3.

Regards,
David Sentinella