Re: Install problem on RHEL 5.1

I saw a post on a blog somewhere that indirectly suggested /tmp needs root_t (and not tmp_t) context in order to create sockets.

Based on that, I tried running 'chcon root_t /tmp' but got 'invalid context.' Obviously it must be possible to create sockets in SELinux.

This is the current (default) output of 'ls -lZd /tmp':

drwxrwxrwt  root root system_u:object_r:tmp_t          /tmp

Obviously I need to learn SELinux... I will let you know the solution as soon as I get this resolved.

Thanks,
Alan