Re: AP Invoice deletion/update clean up

> On Dec 3, 2007 11:40 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
>

> Perhaps I'm missing something.  Why don't you simply use a reversing
> transaction instead of deleting or editing invoices?  When I started using
> SQL-Ledger, I was having a similar problem and this was the suggested
> solution.  I was also advised that using reversing transactions was much
> more "accountant friendly" since it didn't leave auditing holes.

Hi there,

Although this is a work around point of view it doesn't help with:

1) Having to constantly check that a data capturer hasn't used the
functionality that the system "advertises" as having and then wasting time
trying to fix the problem. Every new user now has to get special
instructions about which buttons not to push

2) Increases the risk that ledgersmb will not succeed as no business will
trust software were there are major bugs relating to basic accounting
functionality. The system has had this problem for a while. I even
submitted a patch,

3) Why cant the system do it properly? If I say delete why doesn't it do
its own reversing entries? I don't care how the aircon makes it colder
when I turn the temperature down. I just know that know that the button
which has an arrow saying colder make it so when I turn it down.

Yes - I am getting frustrated with the system.  I was on sql-ledger and
moved to ledgersmb when I was told it was stable only to find it isn't. I
don't want to have to hold my breath every time I upgrade. For us
accounting systems are critical production systems that need to just work.
Currently we are considering moving to tinyerp at next year end.

Regards

Mark