Re: Want to migrate from SQL-Ledger. When is ledgersmb 1.3 expected out?

On Dec 4, 2007 8:18 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:
I am currently running sql-ledger 2.6.27 and after closing the books at end of year I will be looking to migrate everything over to ledgersmb.  I have read pretty much everything available from the website and mailing lists that pertain to this migration.  I noticed though some comments from Chris Travers that version 1.3 should offer a better migration opportunity so I am curious when you think that version 1.3 will be out.  Just a ballpark date if possible.  I noticed that you already released a Milestone 1 release a few months back.  Trying to make this migration as smooth as possible with the intention of getting to version 1.3.0 when it comes out, so if it expected to come out in the next couple of months I would likely just wait until that time so I don't have to first install 1.x, then 1.2.x where I understand this is problematic, and then finally to 1.3.x.

Milepost 2 should have been released by now.  I will get on that tonight.

1.3 is taking a bit longer than expected.  We hoped to be in feature freeze two months ago.   Later this month is a good expected date.

However, if you are on 2.6.27, you may want to upgrade to 1.2.x first.  You don't need to upgrade to 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, you just need to run the SQL Pg-update scripts.  I would do this on a copy of your database because it may find discrepancies which need to be corrected before proceding.  1.2->1.3 is going to be a more disruptive migration and you want to plan to take your time on it.  Unlike 1.1.x where there were serious security issues that were previously unknown and could not be corrected in that branch, 1.2 will be supported for some time after 1.3 becomes available to help people get moved.

B est Wishes,
Chris Travers