Re: Almost done with manual for Gentoo - but need some help

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > At this point to change or setup password for this user "ledgersmb"
> > and database "ledgersmb_db" do I type:
> > UPDATE users_conf SET password = md5('MYPASSWORD') WHERE id = 1;
>
> Wrong... use:
>
> ALTER USER name WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'password';

Josh, can you comment on this recommendation as it relates to
branches/1.2/INSTALL section MANUAL INSTALL, item 2:

  2) Create a postgresql admin database role, by convention named
  'ledgersmb':

  $ createuser --no-superuser --createdb --no-createrole \
  -U postgres --pwprompt --encrypted ledgersmb

  (\ is a bash line continuation character, this is a single command)

  The prompted password (referred to as MYROLEPASSWORD) will later be
  used in the DBConnect: string in the configuration file
  'ledgersmb.conf'

  If you prefer to work in postgresql's psql console, the equivalent SQL
  statement to create the ledgersmb role is:

  => CREATE ROLE ledgersmb LOGIN PASSWORD 'MYROLEPASSWORD' NOINHERIT
  CREATEDB;

  Further commands and database interaction should be conducted using
  the new LedgerSMB admin role 'ledgersmb'.

Do we need a note for postgresql-8.0?