Re: Permissions setup on new install

On 8/27/07, Tite Racing Promotions <..hidden..> wrote:
I have completed a new install of LedgerSMB 1.2.7 (and dependencies) on a stable install of Ubuntu 7.04 using the procedure laid out on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3232208 with the variation of installing PG 8.2 rather than 8.1

I can open http://localhost/ledgersmb/admin.pl

I can create users (which subsequently are listed in the admin page) but get an error when saving , such as

Error!

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "trp"

When I go to http://localhost/ledgersmb/login.pl I cannot log in and get

Sounds like you are using some sort of password authentication (MD5, PAM, etc) and are supplying the wrong PostgreSQL user account password.

Error!

bin/login.pl:336: Access Denied!

I have messed up permissions somehow? - some guidance to correct would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely it is either wrong passwords in PostgreSQL (alter user foo with password 'bar') or a problem in your Pg_hba.conf setup (using PAM authentication or the like).  Without knowing more, it is impossible to say.  However, I would suggest looking up the section on authentiction in the PostgreSQL documentation.