Re: documentation, FAQs et al

I have come across an Ubuntu guide which, frankly, is spot on re.
requirements.

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=311029, the only problem is
that I am using Ubuntu 7.04 and thus get rewardded with "Error! No
GlobalDBH Configured or Could not Connect" - AFAIK I've done it all
correct, but I did not that this version of Ubuntu installs Postgresql
8.2 rather than 8.1.  So if that problem can get fixed I would push it
back into that forum, and I would then suggest to ask permission from
the author to use this as the 'Ubuntu guide'.
That would then also give a structure for an <any other Linux/BSD> guide.

The problem with most FAQs is focus.  The fact that a Q is asked "F" may
point at a documentation deficiency.  I would prefer an update to a
install/admin/backup/user guide over the need to scour through a bunch
of FAQs.  IMHO, FAQ content should be in the category 'miscellaneous' -
anything else ought to make its way back into the relevant docs.

/// Peter ///