Installation error - new install

Hi folks,

I have finally got back to LedgerSmb, and this time decided that the software is looking stable enough to give it a go. Besides the security issue with sql-ledger is looming as a problem for me.

This is a completely fresh install into a new machine running Ubuntu Feisty.
Installation is to /opt/ledgersmb. Actually this is a symbolic link to /mnt/u01/opt/ledgersmb-1.2.7, but I cant imagine that using a link is significant.
Dependent packages as specified in README.debian are installed without error.
Everything up to the "INSTALL" file, step '8) Check Dependencies:' is successful.

However the output of Step 8 (configure_apache.sh) is:

Can't locate Module/Build.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at Build.PL line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Build.PL line 4.

What's gone wrong? What's Module/Build.pm?

Cheers
David Tangye

--
The Last Great Frontier is in Your Mind