Re: Using Sale on POS

--- Chris Travers <..hidden..> escribió:

> On 8/1/07, Eduardo Huertas <..hidden..>
> wrote:
> >

> > Ok, I droped all DB. I tried first with Colombia's
> > chart accounts.  Added a customer, a vendor, an
> item.
> > Then a vendor's invoice with that item.  Now that
> > had inventory tried POS->Sale and ... No way!!
>

> Ok.  This is to be expected.  See below.
>

> Ok, then tried with another DB. This time with
> default
> > DB.  I thought this have to be bullet prooff ...
> Nah!
> > Same error!
>

> Ok.
>
> Well, I tried with the same default DB, now with the
> > modified line:
> >
> > $pos_config{till_accno} = 1200;
>

> Please attach your complete, modified pos.conf.pl
> *and* your chart of
> accounts.  The error indicates a mismatch between
> the two.  In fact, it is
> best to include both of these *and* the HTML output
> of the main frame with
> the POS sale screen in it.  That way I have enough
> information to know what
> is actually going on.
>
> The POS framework is not designed at the moment to
> work out of the box-- it
> requires some advanced configuration because there
> are many different
> possible environments, and these work well for
> different sorts of
> businesses.
>
> And ... NOP!
> >
> > The same error!
>

> So folks, I think you won't have any trouble
> > replicating this error, it's out of the box.
>

> Sure.  See below.
>
> I don't know if anyone has this in production with
> > 1.2.7 version.  Haven't tried another version.
> >
> > I want to emphasize that Sales Invoice works
> > correctly.
> >
> > So what happens with POS->Sale?
>

> Ok, the major difference with regard to accounts
> between the sales invoice
> screen and the POS screen is that the POS screen
> automatically assumes that
> the money is going into an account which represents
> the money drawer of the
> register.  Unlike the sales invoice screen where you
> select an account, the
> account is selected for you here and this must be
> configured before it
> works.
>
> By default, till accounts follow the convention of
> 1300.x where x is the
> identifier of the cash drawer.  If the cash drawer.
> For a casher-based
> till, x is the employee id.  For a terminal-based
> till, x is the last octet
> of the IP address.  The terminal-based id
> conventions are likely to change
> in the future as this does not seem to be a good
> global practice.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Chris Travers

> Still grepping through log files to find problems?
> Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using
> [...]
http://get.splunk.com/>

Correo Yahoo!
Title: Chart of Accounts - LedgerSMB Version 1.2.7 - Eduardo Huertas - cdfq
Chart of Accounts
Account GIFI Description Debit Credit Link
1000   CURRENT ASSETS
1060   Checking Account  14.00   AR_paid
AP_paid
1065   Petty Cash      AR_paid
AP_paid
1200   Accounts Receivables      AR
1205   Allowance for doubtful accounts
1500   INVENTORY ASSETS
1520   Inventory  11.14   IC
1800   CAPITAL ASSETS
1820   Office Furniture & Equipment
1825   Accum. Amort. -Furn. & Equip.
1840   Vehicle
1845   Accum. Amort. -Vehicle
2000   CURRENT LIABILITIES
2100   Accounts Payable    22.28 AP
2110   Accrued Income Tax - Federal
2120   Accrued Income Tax - State
2130   Accrued Franchise Tax
2140   Accrued Real & Personal Prop Tax
2150   Sales Tax      AR_tax
AP_tax
IC_taxpart
IC_taxservice
2210   Accrued Wages
2600   LONG TERM LIABILITIES
2620   Bank Loans
2680   Loans from Shareholders      AP_paid
3300   SHARE CAPITAL
3350   Common Shares
3500   RETAINED EARNINGS
3590   Retained Earnings - prior years
4000   CONSULTING REVENUE
4020   Consulting      AR_amount
IC_income
4400   OTHER REVENUE
4410   General Sales    14.00 AR_amount
IC_income
IC_sale
4440   Interest
4450   Foreign Exchange Gain
5000   EXPENSES
5020   Purchases  11.14   AP_amount
IC_cogs
IC_expense
5400   PAYROLL EXPENSES
5410   Wages & Salaries
5510   Inc Tax Exp - Federal
5520   Inc Tax Exp - State
5530   Taxes - Real Estate
5540   Taxes - Personal Property
5550   Taxes - Franchise
5560   Taxes - Foreign Withholding
5600   GENERAL & ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES
5610   Accounting & Legal      AP_amount
5615   Advertising & Promotions      AP_amount
5620   Bad Debts
5660   Amortization Expense
5685   Insurance      AP_amount
5690   Interest & Bank Charges
5700   Office Supplies      AP_amount
5760   Rent      AP_amount
5765   Repair & Maintenance      AP_amount
5780   Telephone      AP_amount
5785   Travel & Entertainment
5790   Utilities      AP_amount
5795   Registrations      AP_amount