Re: Browser won't handle PL files

On 8/2/07, Karl Grant <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm having a problem installing LedgerSMB on my Ubuntu box. I've no problem with the PostgreSQL side of things, but browers won't handle PL files, they ask me if I want to download them. I'm sure that mod_perl is up and running because I see the following line when looking at //localhost/

If you get LedgerSMB working with mod_perl, please let me know how.  Currently we only support CGI but are working toward mod_perl support.

This error probably means that your ledgersmb.conf is not properly included in the relevant Apache configuration file.  In Ubuntu, I believe the best way to do this is to either include the file in the default site configuration or install the debian package.

Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at localhost Port 80

I've tried following several install step-by-steps, but have never got any further. I've even tried purging and reinstalling Apache, but just ended up losing the PHP handler!

I've attached my apache.conf, ledgersmb-httpd.conf, ports and sites-available files if anyone can see something wrong with them.

Hope this helps,

Karl