Re: Using Sale on POS

--- Chris Travers <..hidden..> escribió:

> On 8/1/07, Eduardo Huertas <..hidden..>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- Chris Travers <..hidden..>
> escribió:
> >
> > > On 8/1/07, Eduardo Huertas
> <..hidden..>

> to:

> so
> > > for
> The
> > > AR
> want

> change
> > > didn't
> > >

> > > Ok.  I misunderstood you.  Sorry.
> > >
> > > There are a few other things that can cause this
> > > sort of error such as:
> > > 1)  No AR account
> > > 2)  Parts associated with bogus inventory,
> income,
> > > or expense accounts
> > >
> > > To test, try to run a POS transaction without
> > > entering any payment info.  If
> > > you get the same error, then it is one of the
> above
> > > issues.
> > >
> > > Best Wishes.
> > > Chris Travers
> >
> > Thanks Chris,
> >
> > If I don't enter any payment there's no error and
> an
> > invoice is generated for later payment.
> >
> > I can pay that invoice with no problem in Receipt.
> >
> > Conclusion??
>

> The POS screen automatically assigns the asset
> account for handling
> payments.  This is the variable that Leah and I
> pointed you to before.  I
> would suggest changing that line to point to an
> account number from your
> chart of accounts for testing purposes.  If this
> does not work, please
> attack the HTML output of a chart of accounts report
> (sanitized if
> necessary) and an attempt to fix this using the
> pos.conf.pl.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Ok, I droped all DB. I tried first with Colombia's
chart accounts.  Added a customer, a vendor, an item.
Then a vendor's invoice with that item.  Now that I
had inventory tried POS->Sale and ... No way!!

Ok, then tried with another DB. This time with default
DB.  I thought this have to be bullet prooff ... Nah!
Same error!

Well, I tried with the same default DB, now with the
modified line:

$pos_config{till_accno} = 1200;

And ... NOP!

The same error!

So folks, I think you won't have any trouble
replicating this error, it's out of the box.

I don't know if anyone has this in production with
1.2.7 version.  Haven't tried another version.

I want to emphasize that Sales Invoice works
correctly.

So what happens with POS->Sale?

Thank you very much Chris and Leah for your help.

-edu-

> > > Same error with or without the change that Leah

> > > <..hidden..>

> <..hidden..>

> > > <..hidden..>

> <..hidden..>