Re: Postgresql configuration options for LSMB

On 8/1/07, Paul Bente <..hidden..> wrote:
I am attempting to install LSMB on Mac OS X 10.4 (PPC) and it looks
like I will need to build postgresql 8.2.4 from source since the
Darwinports package does not seem to be configured using "--with
perl" and it is not at all clear to me what configure options were
used for the Fink package. What are the necessary / recommended
configuration options for postgresql for use with LSMB?

We don't require PL/Perl at the moment.  You don't need a --with-perl configuration option.

Also, are there any Christopher Browne's suggestions for performance
tuning of postgresql parameters (http://cbbrowne.com/info/
postgresql.html) that would be particularly useful for LSMB?

Probably (but as always depends on your environment).  Performance tuning is always useful on PostgreSQL, though  this is not usually a high-concurrency application (and so performance issues are likely to be the result of braindead use of SQL and database design issues rather than performance tuning settings).  In general, if this is a one person app, performance tuning is not as necessary as if 10 people are hammering on it all day.