"Stocking Up" LedgerSMB

Hi All,
I've nearly finished setting up LedgerSMB with data from the old system,
using CSV files imported with phpPgAdmin and all is well. The snag is
that having imported all the stock (parts) they don't register any value
in the accounts. I cant's see a way of importing a large purchase
order/invoice in via phphPgAdmin (none of the tables in phpPgAdmin seem
to contain a cost field, other than the "parts" table), and I don't
fancy creating one maually (about 6,000 parts in stock!) - is there a
way of getting LedgerSMB to do some sort of valuation to set the correct
stock valuation (COGS) - i.e opening stock?

Cheers
Richard