Re: extra taxes

Hi Luk!

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Luk Vermeylen wrote:
> 1. Belgium setup for database gives an error on creating. What can be
> the problem? If needed, can you give me a hint on howto help to esolve
> this?

Can you post the actual error message? And also let us know which version of
LedgerSMB you are installing. Just copy and paste the exact text of the error
you are getting, and I am sure someone will be able to help out from there.

> 2. Is it possible to add an extra tax for a product which is a
> percentage of the line above?
> Purpose is to use the line as a supplement (for ex.: extra fueltax due
> to high prices)
> How to achieve this?

So you are wanting to apply a sort of "surcharge" to specific items? I guess
you could do that using taxes (you can set up multiple taxes on items) but I
don't know if that would be quite right for what you are after - for one
thing, the taxes apply independantly of each other (depending on which
version you are running) and you might be required to apply sales tax to your
surcharge as well.

Another option might be to make an assembly, which is made up of say the fuel
item, and a surcharge item.

You could also apply a negative discount on the item, but that might look a
bit confusing for the customer.

I don't know if that helps, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

--
Regards,
	Ashley J Gittins