Need advice...

Hello folks,

LSMB 1.2.5 with updated Form.pm.

I have a weird problem that I've been trying to (futilely) solve for three days. A user reported a problem that I can't replicate. Here's what happened, according to the user:

She needed to return money to a customer who over-paid by check. To do this, she:

1) went into AR -> Add Transaction
2) made sure the correct user was chosen and entered the invoice number
3) put in a total of -4.00
4) set the AR account to 4012 (account used to track returns)
5) entered payment
6) hit update to make sure all is correct
7) posted the transaction

Afterwards, she went back and reviewed the transaction to make sure all worked as intended and noticed that there was an NaN.00 in the payment field. I went in to view the transaction in question and she's right.

A couple of days later, a different user reported that the trial balance report and several others are missing accounts, throwing off the totals and dates by a lot. In fact, it's missing every account that has one or more records with "NaN" as the balance.

A couple of questions:

1) any idea what could have happened?

2) does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get this fixed before it gets worse?

Thanks,

Charley