Re: SQL Query Help

For a single account (31488) balance up to a particular 31-Dec-2006:

SELECT SUM(amount)
FROM acc_trans
WHERE transdate <= '31.12.2006'
AND chart_id IN (SELECT id FROM chart WHERE accno='31488')

For a range of accounts:
==================

SELECT
 accno,
 description,
 (SELECT SUM(amount)
FROM acc_trans
WHERE transdate <= '31.12.2006'
AND acc_trans.chart_id = chart.id) AS balance
FROM chart
WHERE accno LIKE '1%'
ORDER BY accno

Work in SL, should work in LSMB.