Re: Poll of users

> How important to you is the use of PostgreSQL in the software? 5
>
> How important to you is the software being browser based? 5
>
> How important to you is the use of Perl in the software? 5
>
> How many users do you have - 1,2,3,4 or 5+? 4
>
> How important to you is ease of installation of the software? 2
>
> How important to you is security of the software? 5
>
> How important to you is an active user/support list/forum? 5
>
> How important to you is commercial support of the software? 2

Ted Onley

Phil Rhoades wrote:
People,

I think it would be good to measure the importance of some of the
reasons why people have started using SL and LS.  I understand that the
people who started the LS fork probably had their own good reasons and
priorities but now that LS is a traditional OS project, solid info is
needed about what users want or are expecting of the software.

I suggest the following as some potential questions (using a scale from
a low 1 to a high 5 - my own ratings in brackets):

How important to you is the use of PostgreSQL in the software? (5)

How important to you is the software being browser based? (5)

How important to you is the use of Perl in the software? (1)

How many users do you have - 1,2,3,4 or 5+? (1)

How important to you is ease of installation of the software? (5)

How important to you is security of the software? (2)

How important to you is an active user/support list/forum? (5)

How important to you is commercial support of the software? (3)

Regards,

Phil.