LaTeX - some logos print, others don't.

Anyone got any hints on logos for the .tex templates, please?

Some background: a hard-drive failed on my SL (2.6.21ish) machine a couple of weeks ago - all my accounting data was intact in my daily pg_dumpall backup, but my highly customised invoice.tex (the one with the red go-faster stripes down the side) got chomped. I imported my data to a new machine but had a bit of trouble setting up L-SMB on my own, so just did a quick install of SL (2.6.27, I'm pretty sure) to get me "up & running quickly". This exhibited the symptoms I am about to describe, so I decided to migrate across to L-SMB - unfortunately that still does exactly the same thing.

Basically, my logos don't print in the invoice. The logo shipped with L-SMB will print, but not mine - my best guess is that LaTeX is b0rking on the format of the logo files, somehow, but I have no idea how because the same logos print fine if I run `latex /path/to/ invoice.tex` manually.

I have tried a number of different versions of my logo - converted using both Adobe's software on my Mac & ImageMagick from the command- line on my Linux box. The original art files (from my graphic designers) are Adobe Illustrator format and I have tried exporting from Adobe as .ai & .eps (using various options, including those to make the output compatible with earlier versions of Adobe), BMP and PNG. I have tried logos of different sizes and I used the "-format png -depth 8" as parameters to mogrify.

It really frustrates me, because trying with this invoice.tex:

  \documentclass{minimal}
  \usepackage[a4paper,landscape,dvips]{geometry}
  \geometry{a4paper,landscape,
            nohead,nofoot,
            left=15mm,right=15mm,top=1cm,bottom=1cm}
  \usepackage{graphicx}
  \begin{document}
  \noindent
  top-left\hfill top-right
  \noindent
  \includegraphics[height=2cm]{logo}
  \includegraphics[height=2cm]{logo-outline}
  \par \vfill
  \noindent
  bottom-left\hfill bottom-right
  \end{document}

... the logo shipped with Ledger-SMB (I created a new templates directory for my user, based on the demo templates; I have nor renamed or deleted or touched in anyway the L-SMB logos) prints fine, but my logo (logo-outline) does not.

Permissions seem to be ok:

   # pwd
   /usr/local/ledger-smb
   # ls -l templates/stroller/logo*
-rw-rw---- 1 apache apache 130059 Apr 16 06:10 templates/stroller/ logo-outline.eps -rw-rw---- 1 apache apache 53379 Apr 16 06:10 templates/stroller/ logo-outline.png -rw-rw---- 1 apache apache 32984 Apr 16 05:52 templates/stroller/ logo.eps -rw-rw---- 1 apache apache 15928 Apr 16 05:52 templates/stroller/ logo.png
   #

Although it kinda confuses me that my eps logo is so much larger than L-SMB's - I'd have thought them to be comparibly simple vector line- art - I can't see that being significant because it's still actually only 128K and because EXACTLY THE SAME LOGO PRINTS PERFECTLY WHEN I COPY THIS FILE INTO MY HOME DIRECTORY & PROCESS IT BY HAND!! (using `rubber` or `latex && dvips` doesn't seem to make any difference).

I am using the 3.0_p1-r3 version of Tetex, installed using the package manager (Portage) supplied by my distro (Gentoo). I am pretty sure that this is the same version I was using on my previous system - which worked - but if the minor versions are not exactly the same, certainly it was v3 on there (because I remember the upgrade from 2.0.2).

Ideally, what I'd love to see is the output of the `latex` command as the invoice is compiled. Can anyone tell me if this is logged anywhere, or if it's possible to log it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Stroller.