Shipping costs for incoming goods

Hello all.

If I am entering a shipping cost for items I've purchased from a Vendor, do I need to add shipping cost in the "Add Labor/Overhead" section of Goods & Services?

What I am really curious about is this: when we run a FIFO report to determine COGS for the prior year, how does the program roll the shipping costs into the cost of the goods?

For example, if I order 18 individual items, all at different price points, but the shipping cost for all was $18, does the program assign a shipping cost of goods sold at $1, and then include that on the report?

How does this balance out in practice?

Please advise.

--
Regards,